Please become a "Friend of the Podcast" on Patreon and join the folks who make the podcasts possible! In addition to huge gratitude, you get:
• BONUS podcasts and early access episodes
• Access to Patreon blog posts including tips and videos
• Special Q&A posts to ask me questions about YOUR bees
• Input on the podcast topics
• Shout-outs on the show because I appreciate you!
About Beekeeping at Five Apple Farm: Leigh keeps bees at 3000' in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. She cares for around a 'beekeeper's dozen' of hives in a rural, high elevation Appalachian forest climate. Colonies are managed for bee health with active selection for vigor, genetic diversity and disease resistance, but without chemical treatments. The apiary is self-sustaining (not needing to buy/catch replacement bees since 2010) and produces honey and nucs most every year.